News:

Apachefoorumi.net
Raikasta ja ravitsevaa sielunruokaa.

Main Menu

Oi, myötähäpeää....

Started by Lexa, Wed 28.01.2009 08:55:05 (UTC+0200)

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexa

:sorry:

Toisaalta hauskin postaus pitkiin aikoihin, toisaalta surullisinta luettavaa ikinä. :kahvi:

Are you saying that this linux can run on a computer without windows underneath it, at all ? As in, without a boot disk, without any drivers, and without any services ?

That sounds preposterous to me.

If it were true (and I doubt it), then companies would be selling computers without a windows. This clearly is not happening, so there must be some error in your calculations. I hope you realise that windows is more than just Office ? Its a whole system that runs the computer from start to finish, and that is a very difficult thing to acheive. A lot of people dont realise this.

Microsoft just spent $9 billion and many years to create Vista, so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that. It would take billions of dollars and a massive effort to achieve. IBM tried, and spent a huge amount of money developing OS/2 but could never keep up with Windows. Apple tried to create their own system for years, but finally gave up recently and moved to Intel and Microsoft.

Its just not possible that a freeware like the Linux could be extended to the point where it runs the entire computer fron start to finish, without using some of the more critical parts of windows. Not possible.

I think you need to re-examine your assumptions.

http://talkback.zdnet.com/5208-12355-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=31199&messageID=579806&start=43

http://www.danielandrade.net/2008/01/29/funny-story-user-dont-believe-linux-can-run-without-windows/
"Lexa on koko Apache foorumin nettipoliisien PÄÄLLIKKÖ!" -Arto Lauri

The future unknown, but is there ever time to find out...?

Like what I do? Buy me a beer!

Tule mukaan Apachefoorumin Discord-kanavalle!

nyyyps

so it does not sound reasonable that some new alternative could just snap into existence overnight like that
zomg, tuosta vain noin niinku :blink:

:lach:
Allekirjoitukset näkyvät jokaisen viestin tai yksityisviestin alla. Voit käyttää BBCodea ja hymiöitä allekirjoituksessasi.

Lexa

Kaikkein surullisinta tossa on se, miten jotkut idiootit unohtaa kokonaan sen faktan että Windows on vielä melko uusi käyttis, ja konetta on vuosikausia pystytty pyörittämään täysipainoisesti aivan ilman Windowsia...

Onhan esim. Unix -koneita edelleen paljon käytössä ympäri maailmaa. :jees:

nyyyps

No applen toosathan pyöri pitkään ennen vindoussia, joka nousi suuren maailman tietosuuteen kunnolla vasta 90-luvulla.
Moni joka omia servereitä rakentaa, nauraa makiasti windows-ympäristölle.
Allekirjoitukset näkyvät jokaisen viestin tai yksityisviestin alla. Voit käyttää BBCodea ja hymiöitä allekirjoituksessasi.

Lexa

On a lighter note...

Tuolta kommenteista spottasin. ::hihsmoke

Janie Mcpherson
Jan 30th, 2008 at 6:07 pm

I've been using Ubuntu ever since my boyfriend installed it on my laptop. All it cost me was a blow job.
Janie

The world NEEDS more women with that attitude. ::hihsmoke

nyyyps

Tanuki--

Quote from: LexA on Wed 28.01.2009 09:09:18 (UTC+0200)
On a lighter note...

Tuolta kommenteista spottasin. ::hihsmoke

Janie Mcpherson
Jan 30th, 2008 at 6:07 pm

I've been using Ubuntu ever since my boyfriend installed it on my laptop. All it cost me was a blow job.
Janie

The world NEEDS more women with that attitude. ::hihsmoke
Maailman halvin bloukkari.  :lach: Olisi tyttö vaatinut vaikka gentoota.

tredic

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 356 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

What is the name of this forum?:
What is the most visible color in our forum?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview